You may have studied here! This map shows the largest universities by enrollment in the USA.
You’ve probably seen the map of each state’s most popular brand by Steve Lovelace. These guys at eCollegeFinder had some fun making their own version of the largest universities by enrollment. Based on data from the National Center for Education Statistics’ database, they found the universities with highest population in terms of total students.
Using the logo from each university, they gave each state an identity, check out this map… It’s really cool!
Here some fun facts:
- Total Population for all 50 Universities – 1,563,376 Students
- Largest – Arizona State University – 73,378 Students
- Smallest – University of Maine – 10,901 Students
- Average Size – 31,267 Students
- 6% of the Nation’s population aged 18-23 attends one of these 50 universities (there are 4,495 colleges in America)
- These 50 Universities would be the 5th largest city in America
- The total population of all 50 schools is higher than 11 States (Alaska, Delaware, Hawaii, Maine, Montana, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Vermont, and Wyoming)
- The total population of all 50 schools is higher than 89 countries