Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Have you heard the Hum? BC man investigates strange sound heard around the world

Home Forums Strange Sounds from the Sky Have you heard the Hum? BC man investigates strange sound heard around the world

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  AC 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Strange Sounds
    Keymaster

Glen MacPherson first heard the Hum in 2012.

He was in Sechelt when he detected a low-level drone that he thought was coming from nearby float planes.

Over time, he started to realize the Hum had nothing to do with planes and tried to figure out what exactly was going on. So, he did what most people do when they have an unanswered question: he Googled it.

He found out he wasn’t alone. MacPherson discovered an online community of people who say they have been hearing a mysterious drone that has been dubbed The World Hum.

“Much to my surprise, it turns out I was one of the people who can sense what seems to be a very unusual low-frequency sound,” he said.

Four years later, when curious people like MacPherson Google information about the Hum, they come across his website, The World Hum Map and Database.

MacPherson, a schoolteacher in Gibsons who has also worked as an instructor at the University of British Columbia, says he wanted to apply a measure of scientific rigour to this unexplained phenomenon, so he created the database to track reports from people around the world who say they too hear the Hum.

MacPherson has heard from thousands of people from locations as far as Iceland, New Zealand, Kazakhstan and the Philippines. The data, he admits, is skewed since the site only reaches English speakers. He plans to translate the site into Chinese, which means he could get a flood of new data from the world’s most populous country.

He says if you look at the data he has accumulated, a few things stand out.

“I caution anybody who looks at the Hum Map to not be distracted by the high concentration of points on the Eastern Seaboard of the US and, in particular, over in England. Over in England, it would appear that they’re being absolutely clobbered,” MacPherson said.

He also notes that Vancouver Island has a “significantly higher concentration of Hum reports.”

So what is the Hum?

MacPherson says the Hum may be a relatively recent phenomenon, with a significant number of reports first emerging in the late 60 and early 70s.

There are three major theories as to what is causing the Hum.

The main suspect is very low-frequency (VLF) radio emissions that are used by the military to communicate with submarines.

“When I say VLF, I’m not referring to sound,” MacPherson said. “That leads to another striking and startling conclusion, the fact that the Hum may not be a sound in the traditional sense. It may be the body’s reaction to a particular band of radio frequencies. That’s not an outrageous idea. The concept that the body can interpret certain electromagnetic frequencies as sound is reasonably well-established in research literature.”

Another theory is that the World Hum is “nothing more than the grand accumulation of human activity” that could include noise from highways, marine traffic, mining, windmill farms, hydroelectric dams and other forms of industry.

In 2014, a federally funded study confirmed a humming noise in Windsor, Ont., known as the Windsor Hum, emanated from an island across the Detroit River.

An acoustic monitoring study showed the rumbling was real and reached Windsor from heavily industrial Zug Island in River Rouge, Mich.

However, the investigation – done by scientists at the University of Windsor and Western University – failed to pinpoint just what was causing the phenomenon.

A third theory is that the noise stems from geological processes at work.

Then there’s the idea that people who hear the Hum are just suffering from tinnitus, a medical condition that results in a ringing of the ears.

David Deming, a University of Oklahoma professor who was one of the first researchers to examine the Hum, noted that “Hum symptoms are distinctly different from classic tinnitus. Tinnitus is typically a high-frequency ringing sound — not a low-frequency rumble.”

“What I always like to point out about tinnitus is that it’s self-reported,” MacPherson said. “There is no external metric for it. If we believe that tinnitus is real, then the question is what differentiates it from reports of the World Hum?”

There are plenty of other more far-fetched theories out there, and MacPherson has heard them all.

“Whenever you’re dealing with something unexplained, it invites all manner of people who have creative ways of interpreting reality,” he says diplomatically.

Part of his work, he says, is using his science background to separate plausible theories from crazed conspiracies that circulate online.

“It’s plant life, it’s huge boring tunnel machines, it’s weather projects, it’s aliens,” he says. “At least we didn’t hear about the Illuminati.”

MacPherson understands that some might think that he is no different than some of the conspiracy theorists who visit his site.

But he says his dedication to the scientific method is what separates him from the tinfoil-hat crowd.

What’s in the box?

A recent article in the New Republic outlined MacPherson’s experiment with a so-called Deming Box. Named after the professor who first delved into this phenomenon, the steel box is designed to “create within it a VLF radio free space.”

If a person who can hear the Hum gets into the box and no longer detects the noise, that could suggest VLF radio waves are the culprit.

Shortly after the article was published, MacPherson got inside the box to see what would happen. He said he got “mixed results” and plans to move the box to an undisclosed location on the Sunshine Coast and try again.

“If I get a positive result, I’ve got a handful of volunteers on the Sunshine Coast who can hear the Hum and who are ready to go in as well,” he said.

He also plans to continue maintaining the database, which he says has helped him connect with people who are also looking for answers.

“There are large numbers of perfectly sensible, everyday individuals and this is what we all have in common. We can hear this noise.”

#30453 Reply

Ed Hillman

I heard a horn like noise just about 3days ago it was unlike anything you hear out there .

#30466 Reply

Strange Sounds
    Keymaster

Where about? Thank you!

#30589 Reply

Erika Schaefer

Many people have heard the hum, which they describe as sounding like a Diesel engine running, at night just north of my hometown of Stanwood, WA, about 60 or 70 miles south of the US/Canada border. It has gone on for years and many people have heard the hum. This area is a farming area, very close to the water of Puget Sound, on the north side Camano Island.

#31260 Reply

lisa

Hum heard by us also in St. Maarten/St. Martin, The Caribbean.

#31294 Reply

soundbites1
    Participant

Just found this forum after researching whether I’m going crazy! I am in NJ and started hearing a hum in middle of night (not every night) last year. Just moved to new house in same area 3 months ago and was hoping not to hear the hum anymore. Unfortunately, heard it again for first time this week, ugh.. I’m going to move the alarm clocks away from bed area temporarily, in case it’s something stupid like that. I don’t hear it every night though, so doesn’t make sense, unless my hearing spikes once in a while….Hard to explain the sound. Doesn’t sound like a idling diesel like others have reported.. A continous whiny wave-like sound. We do live near a train line and do hear the diesel engines occasionally in the distance, but that noise eventually subsides, unlike this one that keeps going…. My other half of course doesn’t hear it, but he can sleep through crying, coughing kids. I’m in my 50s now and I read that more people over 50 seem to hear the “hum”, so maybe that’s why I’m starting to hear it?? I have to take a xanax when I hear it or can’t get back to sleep, it’s a very irritating little noise..

#32812 Reply

John M

I live in the Bronx, and i hear this humming sound that seems like a huge generator or transformer. The sounds seem to produce an electrical sensation on my hands. Like if they were magnetized. I have been trying to move for a while now, but it seems that my application are turned down so many times in a row, that i think that they are being manipulated in some way. I also feel little electrical zaps like things in some parts of my body.I have also seem paranormal happenings in the area and around me. Can it be that aliens are making us to look like them. Well to make a short story short i think that we are being made transparent, and with matter with in matter. A huge sphere around most of the people and when it taken off them, they become translucent. something like the result of the Philadelphia experiment that supposedly never happened.the Cambridge ship. Any ways is it that the huge swelling in my ear causes me to hear the loud humming sound or is it over looked by others.

#33489 Reply

Zombie Boy

I like turtles

#33566 Reply

Thomas P.

I am now convinced I also have been hearing the sound
    sounds like an Un Ending Freight Train lower in
    frequency then gets louder in frequency I know its
    not a Freight Train here in my location trains do
    not go on unending like that … Frequency also
    changes, and will sound like a Helicopter for many
    hours hovering over the house where I live.

I have been Tweeting Strange Sounds Website
    on my Twitter @ BlueRavenUSA
    http://www.twitter.com/BlueRavenUSA
    I know now where the Sounds is coming from.

It is from the Grid…Power Lines High
    Voltage Power Lines, also Gwen Towers,
    Cell Towers, Smart Meters, are all
    connected to….Satellites.
    Do a search for Deborah Tavares
    Stopthecrime.net Proof Of Documents
    they are using Silent Weapons
    Direct Energy Weapons Locked on
    many people’s brains tracking people
    this is the very reason why speaking
    for myself only, when I leave my
    location I am in a smaller town here
    rural area…when I drove down to
    Santa Fe, New Mexico and spent the
    night at Motel 6, I also herd the
    same exact sound called ELF Waves ,
    EMF – Electromagnetic Frequencies
    and also they are Beaming this down
    Locked on peoples Brains. Killing
    people by the way. Not Conspiracy
    but Fact – Proven PDF Leaked Documents
    I have been trying to educate people
    where the strange sounds is exactly
    coming from. No you are not crazy
    or insane if you hear these sounds.

Does not matter where you go, if they
    have a Satellite Locked on your brain
    your being tracked.

I have been doing some intensive
    research myself about this.

Please Check out
    B. Jackson’s You Tube Channel
    here –

I am now in Contact with her by
    Email here is her you tube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBRu27Z_Rfea5zvgfQ_U5lQ/videos

Please notice and watch the
    4 Part Videos below

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Also I did read your previous article on
    Same Website Strange Sounds
    and you are correct, Symptoms
    they can give you a Heart Attack,
    Seizures, it messes with your Brain,
    Chest Pains, can literally drive a
    person insane, even if you are not
    crazy. Its Very Evil Silent Weapons
    Deborah Tavares has Posted Proof
    leaked Documents,
    military is also using this same
    technology microwave weapons and they
    can literally split your head open
    and Kill you its Deadly and Lethal.

Please do more Research on this
    Facts I am sharing.

Also Please Contact this man knows
    also exactly what is causing this
    this is there plan to take down kill
    billions of people off the face of
    this planet.

I was curious if anyone around my
    local area was going through Same
    symptoms I have been experiencing.
    A man I found up in Brekenridge, Colorado
    also is hearing the Elf Waves.

Mike Patrick
    his information and phone number
    and Email where you can Contact
    him here at this link here

Also please Listen Here
    this is a very rare court case
    of another targeted individual
    his name James Walbert

James Walbert actually won this
    court case please search more on him
    you can Listen here

Download the Mp3 Audio File Here

James Walbert even made Recognition
    to Wired Magazine from winning his court
    case here

PDF FILE – Mike Patrick send to my Email
    uploaded to my Box Account Here

PDF FILE
    DIRECTED ENERGY WEAPONS
    LEAKED GOVERNMENT DOCUMENT

PDF FILE
    MORE PROOF
    Leaked NASA Government Document

Hope this information gets out viral, people need
    to get educated about this. This is Real technology
    they are using. Do not go to psychiatrists they will
    label you as a insane. Here is more Proof for
    skeptical people out there who still do not
    believe this is real. Freedom Fighters posted
    this recently Arizona University is actually
    using Mind Control with the Brain to Fly Drones
    with the Brain? and people are still skeptical
    that they do not have this technology to lock
    a Satellite onto the human brain yes they do
    please wake up people about this. They are
    tracking people world wide I believe this is
    in Beta Testing, they can turn up the frequencies
    Lethal Deadly and can give a person a heart attack.
    If you read the Nass Leaked Document War-crimes
    they do plan to kill billions off the face of
    the planet with this Silent Weapons.

That exactly is where the Strange Sounds people
    are hearing. For people who are being attacked
    by this day and night there is a Support Group
    you can talk to other T.I.s – Targeted Individuals
    out the. I am also in contact with Renatta a
    wonderful woman helping others.

You need to sign up with a username, password
    on Talk Shoe Conference Call. I forgot exactly
    the Time but it is every Sunday Afternoon
    You can also call in via by landline phone,
    Cell Phone can call in when Renatta takes
    callers you press (Star *8 on your Phone Keypad)
    to talk Live, if you miss the Call you can also
    download the Mp3 and Listen as well)

The Support Group of many people now I am
    in contact with is found here
    on… Talk Shoe

If the Links or PDF FIles did not post correctly
    feel free to contact me by Email
    and I can Re-Send the links by Email.
    Hope this helps out in your research.
    I do believe 100 Percent this is FACTS
    where the Strange Sounds are coming from.

Thomas
    aka… BlueRaven

#34776 Reply

oldladycart

Rutland VT 9/30/16
    Two tiered low sub noise. Vibrating. My butt, my coffee maker, the wall…. Loud & heavy like battery toy under a cushion or not the neighbor wash machine butnot
    Terrifying
    Been hearing off & on for months.
    Meadow street area(the gut)
    Cops ignore me.. In tears. This is no dumb radio tower. Stuff is shaking….

#34802 Reply

Amanda

I heard it in the middle of the night last night. It sounded like a drone circling above my house. It would get closer, then further, closer, then further. More than a sound, & could feel it through my body.

#35860 Reply

Janice

I heard the humming last night for the first time and couldn’t figure out what it was. Actually sat up. I have sudden hearing loss in one ear and have tinnitis in that ear so I was laying on my good ear but could still hear the humming which seemed louder when laying on my good ear. Strange! My husband was still downstairs but I did make my son get out of bed and come into my bedroom to listen. He could hear it and was looking out the windows but couldn’t figure it out so he went back to bed. I don’t know if the sound stopped or I actually just went to sleep so don’t know how long the humming continued.

#38068 Reply

AC

been hearing it for years … mostly at night but sometimes during the day, too … not every night … like a generator … oscillating low-frequency hummmm …

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: Have you heard the Hum? BC man investigates strange sound heard around the world
Your information: