Loud boom shakes Merrimack Valley, Massachussetts and New Hampshire – Residents baffled

Home Forums Mystery Booms and Loud Rumblings Loud boom shakes Merrimack Valley, Massachussetts and New Hampshire – Residents baffled

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  An 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Strange Sounds
    Keymaster

A loud, crashing bang jolted the nerves of many Merrimack Valley residents late Thursday night. The boom came at around 11 p.m., on the tail end of an intense thunder storm. Mary Murphy, of Linwood Street, said the noise woke her out of a sound sleep.

“It was very loud,” she said. “I thought there had been a car accident. My house shook. ” Some of her friends in New Hampshire heard the noise at that same time, she said.

No earthquakes. A thunder clap loud enough to shake a house?

http://www.eagletribune.com/news/local_news/loud-boom-jolts-merrimack-valley-residents-thursday-night/article_e20dba67-c89c-54be-a740-79ee0f53f38e.html

#41360 Reply

Apocalypse Rider

Sometimes there are single but very powerful lightnings at the end of thunderstorm, I saw such few times, they are very thick and bright and generate really loud powerful boom shaking windows and walls and sensible in lungs. I think that after storm remains of electrical charges are collecting in one point but the voltage is too low to make spark long enough to reach ground, and when finally this voltage increases enough, we have discharge of very big electrical charge far more than 5 coulombs, which average lightning has. This is my theory but the boom can be always something else.

#41373 Reply

Strange Sounds
    Keymaster

I think ou are right there! Thank you!

#42121 Reply

An

There is shift zone or rift that opened up from Camp Verde, AZ all the way to New Hampshire a few years ago. hole town exploded and all said what was that without a clue.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Loud boom shakes Merrimack Valley, Massachussetts and New Hampshire – Residents baffled
Your information: