Tuesday, April 25, 2017

loud booms every 15 min in Pensacola

Home Forums Mystery Booms and Loud Rumblings loud booms every 15 min in Pensacola

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mat 1 year ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Evalena

Loud booms hearing every 15 min or so.

#29629 Reply

Strange Sounds
    Keymaster

Here is the culprit: Air force using Ocala bombing range for practice all week.

Somebody on Facebook wrote: Hearing and feeling it on east coast of FL too.

Here some news article:

If you’re feeling the ground shake or hearing some rumbling outside, Navy training schedules may explain the cause.

Live and inert bombing will take place at the Pinecastle Range Complex in the Ocala National Forest, according to the Naval Air Station Jacksonville. The bombing is being done in conjunction with the U.S.S. Eisenhower, an aircraft carrier that is training for an upcoming mission, officials told WESH 2 News.

Some WESH 2 News viewers have reported feeling the shaking as far east as DeLand.

The schedule is as follows:

29 MARCH 2016 – 10 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. – Live/Inert
    30 MARCH 2016 – 10 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. – Live/Inert
    31 MARCH 2016 – 10 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. – Live/Inert
    01 APRIL 2016 – 12 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. – Live/Inert
    02 APRIL 2016 – 12 p.m. to 11:59 p.m. – Live/Inert
    03 APRIL 2016 – 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. – Live/Inert

http://www.wesh.com/news/whats-that-rumbling-its-not-an-earthquake/38748338

#29630 Reply

Evalena

Thank You. I called out to the base near us they officer said more than normal air traffic coming in and our BLUES are practicing too. Schedule was different last year for practice days. Its cloudy here to of course. Thank You so much for response. Glad I found this site. ; )

#30280 Reply

Michael

Is the Navy responsible for the 5 consecutive ‘booms’ last night (Tuesday, 4/12/16) beginning 9:49 pm and ending 9:53, one boom each minute? Since they were so precisely timed, I figured maybe it was coming from Sauffley Field in Pensacola. Anyone know?

#30346 Reply

mat

wrong. it’s called weather-manipulation. learn to swim.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: loud booms every 15 min in Pensacola
Your information: