Mystery loud boom shakes houses near Blountville, Tennessee. What was it?

Home Forums Mystery Booms and Loud Rumblings Mystery loud boom shakes houses near Blountville, Tennessee. What was it?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Donna 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Jason

I’m wondering what this loud boom was. Only information I have found yet.

Several people have called emergency dispatchers about a loud boom and buildings shaking on May 10, 2016 near Blountville.

News 5 WCYB checked with the Sullivan County Sheriff’s Office, and they told us they also received several calls.

Most of the callers were along Highway 126 between Blountville and Bristol.

Officers and firefighters have been checking the area, but so far they have not determined what caused it.

http://m.wcyb.com/news/Loud-boom-heard-in-Sullivan-County/39469350

#31201 Reply

Strange Sounds
    Keymaster

Thank you! There was a small tremor 6.0 km (3.7 mi) NNW of Mascot, Tennessee on May 10, 2016 at 2016-05-10 12:40:54. But Blountville is probably too far away from the epicenter (about 90 miles).

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/se60115587#general

#31212 Reply

Kimberly Reed

I live near the Tri-Cities airport in Blountville. My thought is it was a sonic boom from a Military jet. They do maneuvers there quite often.
    A sonic boom will make a huge BOOM sound and will shake buildings and also break Windows. Additionally, there would be no “evidence” since the noise would have happened after the aircraft was out of site.
    I could be wrong but since no other evidence has been found..that’s my guess 🙂

#31213 Reply

MP

Military jet sonic boom. I do agree kimberley

#31263 Reply

Donna

I had the same experience. Thought someone was blasting w\dinomite or a propane tank exploded! Hope my house foundation is unharmed.

#31264 Reply

Donna

I had the same experience. Thought someone was blasting w\dinomite or a propane tank exploded! Hope my house foundation is unharmed.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Mystery loud boom shakes houses near Blountville, Tennessee. What was it?
Your information: