Strange sounds in my town

Home Forums Strange Sounds from the Sky Strange sounds in my town

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Calm Cactus 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Greg

I live in Palm Bay Florida and on two occasions I heard sounds identical to some I’ve heard on Youtube. The first time we had just had a storm which was still dissipating and I thought that might be a factor, but the second time the sky was clear. It’s a distant roar like a jet engine, but without any sort of turbine whine with it. It’s low frequency that my phone c=had trouble picking up and isn’t really audible on my laptop speakers, but I can hear it clearly with headphones. I made several recordings of the second one but only posted one of them on Youtube. I can post the rest if anyone wants to hear them. I assure you these are raw, real recordings, not any sort of fake. My wife heard it too but didn’t want to step out with me to hear them more clearly, lol. As I said, I recommend good speakers, the lower the frequency ability the better.

#48506 Reply

Apocalypse Rider

Could be a jet. Turbine noise isn`t heard from afar, and is much quiet than the roar sound.

#48507 Reply

Strange Sounds
    Keymaster

Thanks for these recordings… I am aware of booms in Florida, but no such low frequency rumbling noises. I will continue to investigate and will come back to you. Best

#48508 Reply

Apocalypse Rider

Hm indeed they are very low and powerful. So maybe not jets… Hard to say. But of course interesting stuff.

#48627 Reply

Calm Cactus

While still in bed this morning, I swear I heard a distant “boom”, and felt the house shudder this morning at exactly 6:00 AM January 23, 2018 in Lansdowne, MD, just outside the city of Baltimore, MD.
    I know the time because I immediately looked at my iPhone to see what time it was. I also tried looking for information about the mysterious sound, but found nothing. I still haven’t found anything at this hour. I can’t be the only one to have heard this. Could it have been an airliner? A sonic boom? A construction worksite explosion? It’s befuddled me to no end.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Strange sounds in my town
Your information: