Very creepy scratching sounds across my carpet

Home Forums Mystery Booms and Loud Rumblings Very creepy scratching sounds across my carpet

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Catrina 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Minapgp
    Participant

Hello all,

I’m new to this site but joined so I might get your opinion on a very unusual – very unexplained – event that happened to me over 29 years ago and I have yet to figure out. to this day it still bring goosebumps to my skin…

I was in grade 2 at the time and living in a modest floor-level apartment with my mother and younger brother. It was late at night (I’m guessing around 2 or 3 in the morning as I didn’t have an alarm clock in my room at the time). I was restless and unable to sleep, so laid awake in bed staring at the ceiling.

That was when I heard it. A distinct scratching sound, which sounded like someone raking their nails across the carpet in the living room (one room over from my bedroom).

At first, I didn’t think much of it, given the fridge made odd noises on occasion and the neighbours upstairs could be loud at times, but this was very different. There was a distinct rhythm to it. Scratch, scratch, scratch, scratch, scratch scratch scratch – and pause…. scratch, scratch, scratch, scratch, scratch scratch scratch – and pause… and so forth. What caught my attention (and ended up unnerving me) was that the sound was not localized. It appeared to be MOVING around the living room in the very same scratching pattern described above. Over and over again until eventually (to my childlike horror), it started making its way down the hall toward my room.

I was utterly petrified. I didn’t know if the sound was real or what I should do.

As it came down the hall, the louder and more obvious the scratching sound became. I held my breath and closed my eyes tight. I both wanted and didn’t want to know what it was all at once. Please note – I did NOT own any pets at the time and could hear my younger brother snoring in the next room, so I know it wasn’t him.

I tucked my leg back under the covers before the sound reached my door. That’s when the unimaginable happened…

Just when I’d convinced myself that I was hearing things (and my imagination had gotten the better of me), the same scratch, scratch, scratch, scratch, scratch, scratch, scratch sound came into MY room.

So many people I tell this story to tease me or try to downplay the fear I felt in this moment, but let me please say to you how scared stiff I was.

The scratching sound moved along the carpet – in my room – almost in a perfect circle. I didn’t dare open my eyes or try to see what it was, I was simply too afraid, but I could easily hear it’s progress along the carpet through my space. Like someone scratching the fibres with their nails, the same pattern over and over again with one or two seconds between it’s advance. At the time, I feared something was about to grab me… but to my relief, it never did.

Instead, once the scratching sound had made a single 360 degree tour of my room, it headed back out the door and slowly, worked its way down the hall towards my mother room at the very end. Once it got there, it was too far for me to listen in and I never heard it again.

When I woke the next day, I told my mother about what happened and how upset I was. She laughed at me and said it was just a dream. She heard nothing of the sort and it was probably just the building shifting. When I insisted, she advised that none of our windows had been left open overnight (so no animals could invade while we slept) and we lived in the bottom floor of our apartment (so it couldn’t have been lower neighbours). Her reassurances only served to creep me out more.

To this day I have no idea what the sound was and anyone I share this story with thinks I’m nuts. I know I wasn’t imagining it nor did I dream it. It couldn’t have been an animal – the pattern was just too perfect.

Has anyone else experienced such a sound before? I know what “house” noises are and this definitely wasn’t that. It literally moved from one room to another and I could trace its entire progress through my home. Damn myself for not being braver and just looking – could have saved me a lot of curiosity now, but I’d never been that scared in my life.

What do you think it was?

• #56015 Reply

Berkeley Babe

I once experienced something similar, when I was a teenager. I was all alone in the house late at night. We had no pets. TV and radio were off. I was in the kitchen making something and I heard a definite scratching or scuffing sound coming from the hallway. It was a bit like someone dragging their feet on the hallway carpet as they walked. The sound stopped fairly quickly. (It was NOT a house noise). Well, I was FROZEN with fear for a solid minute. Then I grabbed a big ole kitchen knife and went out into the hallway to investigate. Nothing or no one was there, of course. I checked the entire house to no avail. I told my family about it when they arrived home and was met with the usual skeptical banter: “hearing things”, “house settling”, “imagination”.

The next day at school I told my friends about it, but none of them took me very seriously either. I tell you, there was something ominous/evil connected to whatever was making that sound. I did not imagine it. The incident has stayed with me for 40 years. And now at my old age of 57, I have certainly lived through much more traumatic events. But for pure fright, that was still the scariest moment of my life.

Minapgp – hun, I don’t know if we were both dealing with the same phenomenon in this case. But your story gave me goose flesh because it was reminiscent of my incident. Did you sense any evil from this mystery scratcher? Hopefully this thread will give us some answers.

• #56017 Reply

Devils Tower
    Participant

I am 43 years old…I am a born again Christian as of last year…I live alone, just miles east of Devils Tower, WY in the Black Hills…Very sparsely populated area…I have two German Shepherds…If you would have asked me prior to me being born again, I would have told you how much I believe in aliens and UFO’s, and so look forward to when Star Trek life comes to us in a future not far away…HOWEVER…I do not believe in aliens or UFO’s anymore, mostly, because the study of how calling upon Jesus Christ ENDS every single alien abduction on record…This was information I had never come across until mid 2017…I have heard the stories of such abductions, but they INTENTIONALLY leave out the part, where when people called out to Jesus Christ and it INSTANTLY ended the abduction nightmare…This left me feeling upset…I had always wanted to believe in aliens and UFO’s, and was a Mulder fan and believed “THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE..”…NO MORE…I have done EXTENSIVE studies with my Bible and online resources only to find out about a subject, as I stated earlier, I had NO BELIEF in at all…Demons…In the last year, I have encounters with dark shadows that moved about, grew and shrunk at will, and seemed about as evil as anything I had ever seen in all my life…I have had encounters with other things I cannot nor will go into in this forum…It would be hard for me to believe the things I have seen, except as I stated, I have two dogs, and EVERY SINGLE TIME I have encountered these entities, my dogs went BERSERK….Hair up, growling, staring STRAIGHT INTO THE EYES of a creature that did NOT “appear” to be there…I can tell when they are staring straight into the eyes of something, I have had my dogs nearly 10 years, and most of those years it was just me and them….I am telling you out right…DEMONS EXIST…Demonic ENTITIES EXIST…There is ABSOLUTELY ZERO DOUBT…I do not do drugs and have not had a drop of alcohol in years…I am not crazy, well, anymore crazy than the rest of are : ) To me, and from the things I have encountered over the past year, sounds to me like one of those entities in both stories here…And I am telling you something else…Be Careful…These things tend to ATTACH themselves to a person, they like familiarity…To both people and locations…Don’t know why, but that has been my understanding both Biblical and otherwise…God Bless, and hope you are both saved in Christ, as HE is your ONLY defense against such things…Hope this was helpful…

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by  Devils Tower.
  • #56134 Reply

Berkeley Babe

I’m new to this website. I generally don’t believe in hocus pocus. (Well, maybe a little bit, such as my carpet incident). But mostly, I’ve always been a skeptic. I usually think there is a rational explanation for most things. But some of the stuff I’m reading on this site is FREAKING me the heck out! I’ve had the sensation for some time now that something really catastrophic is coming our way. It does almost seem like end-times. I don’t know if I prefer to remain ignorant and not let this stuff bother me or study it further and prepare for it, whatever “it” is.

Devil’s Tower ~ I believe you. I don’t think you’re crazy. I’m glad you have your dogs to protect you. I also hope you have a gun. It sounds like a precarious situation to be in. I wouldn’t want to live alone in a rural area.
    Because another thing that’s been happening to me lately, is seeing shadows/shapes out of the corner of my eyes. When I turn to look directly at these visions, there is nothing there. I figured it’s my aging eyesight. I’m not so sure anymore. Man, I’m getting the heebee jeebees.

• #56608 Reply

Devils Tower
    Participant

Hey B.B. – Your feeling the same thing that millions upon millions are feeling all right now…The thing is, your not alone, if even no one is around…You can always call upon Jesus Christ…And just to put it out, in the area I live in, I have many guns, kinda have too…Coyotes, Mountain Lions, Rattlesnakes, you just never know what is behind the house when you go outside, or what lies in wait around the corner…never know…Always better to be prepared and not need said preparations than too need them and not have them I always say…Learned that lesson so many times the hard way, now I try to prepare for anything at any time…Cannot always be fully prepared for the unknown, but you can do your best…Always be something out there that will leave you going, HUH…Guess I wasn’t prepared for THAT!!! : ) but, you can be the NEXT time…Anyways…Animal die off’s…Weather no one alive has ever seen or heard of, earthquakes have increased over 1500% just in my lifetime of 43 years…These are the signs that are spelled out WORD for WORD in the Bible…I am not trying to push anything on you ma’am, but I would rather bring it up here, and have you at least think about it tonight going to sleep, than too worry about you facing the coming judgement and not having accepted Christ and His payment for your sins…You don’t have to go to some church, you don’t have too go confess your sins to some guy in a costume…Nope…You can talk to Him right now, with no one around, and let it be just between the two of you, no one would ever have to know…Except you and Him…Let me throw a couple of verses your way, and you think about it…Don’t have too say two words too me, it has nothing to do with me anyways, it is all about you and Him…ANd believe me when I say, there is nothing you have done He won’t forgive you for, and He is waiting RIGHT NOW this very second for you…With open arms…Trust me on that…
    Romans 10:13
    13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
    1 Corinthians 15:3-4
    3 Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
    4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
    I am no saint ma’am…I waited until last year to do this…But He found me, and my life has been forever changed ever since…Not kidding…Those dark shadows your speaking of…Scary stuff eh…I will not even give my thoughts as to what that might be, but I will say this, no gun in the world could defend you against it, if I am correct in my thoughts…Only one thing…Jesus, and it so very simple…I have watched things flee by calling upon Him to defend me that I will never admit too out loud for I know, others to think I was bat poo nuts…But I seen what I seen, and I seen what happened when I called upon Jesus, and have had to do it more than once…So…a few things ma’am…First off….I have heard it called the ABC’s of salvation…
    A) admit your a sinner
    B) Believe Christ died and rose again paying for all our sins…
    C) call upon Him
    With all the belief in your heart, and it could go as simple as this ma’am…Jesus I know you died and were raised from the dead to pay for my sins, I accept that payment for my sins, and call upon you to seal me with your Holy Spirit, Thank You Jesus Christ..And from there it is all about the kind of relationship you choose to have with Him…Between you and Him…No one else…That easy…You may want to repent of your sins to Him, always a helpful thing to do, but again, that is between you and Him…Next…When dealing with things we know are there, and we do not want to be there, this is pretty easy too…Jesus Christ please defend me against all things seen and unseen, please Jesus Christ protect me, defend me right now Jesus Christ…That will stop any interference from any entity you do not want around…Okay…I will include you in my prayers this evening, and I hope I was in now way offensive or off putting, I only want to be a help in any way I can…Hope that helps ma’am…Ever have any questions or anything just shoot me a message, glad to help in any way I can…Also have quite a few contacts I have made in the last year, can lead you to others that help if your even interested…Anyway…Hope this was some help…

• #63551 Reply

Kay

Hey Berkeley Babe, I often see the same things out of the corner of my eyes. They are definite figures, but when I turn to look at them straight on, they are gone. 2 things I’ve noticed : when I’m tired I tend to see them more… I believe it’s because we are at our weakest and our “guard” is lower than normal. And second, these figures tend to come in bouts. As in, I’ll see a bunch throughout the day or week, for a certain period of time and then it’s like they suddenly stop for awhile. Then return for another period of time. Like in cycles. It’s strange. But this is what I’ve noticed for myself.

• #57764 Reply

Berkeley Babe

Devil’s Tower – I’m curious as to what you think these shadows/shapes are or what they might be capable of.I’m noticing them more and more often. Every couple of days, I “think” I’m seeing a mouse or small rodent darting across my apartment floor. My cat does not react to it however. She isn’t picking up on it. But one strange new thing she’s been doing lately, is suddenly running to the front door of my apartment and sniffing under the door. As if she senses someone/something out in the hall. When I go to check, there is no one out there. She’s never done this before in the 17 years I’ve had her. I wonder if all of this is just my nerves due to tremendous personal pressures right now. And I don’t want to tell friends about this stuff lest they label me paranoid or something. This forum seems like the right place to discuss it.

• #58388 Reply

Devils Tower
    Participant

BB…Hey ma’am…Well, I do not want to leave you scared, and do not want to be anyone that would add to any of your fears…That said…I have to be honest with you ma’am…And from my studies, and understanding, if you are not sealed with the Holy Spirit of God, then you have a soul / spirit that can be “inhabited” by demons…AGAIN, let me stress here, not trying to scare you, just convey my knowledge to you ma’am…That is the entire “point” of these shadow / demon / evil spirits…They want a “physical” body to “inhabit”…They are constantly seeking out a body to inhabit and control…God has put them into a dimensional prison, where they have no form or physical presence, this is their prison until the final judgement day…I know this seems REALLY WILD and imaginative on my part, so let me share these short verses with you…This is about a man that had MANY DEMONIC spirits inhabiting him, this man seen Jesus Christ coming, and the man runs to Jesus to have Him help…This is what Jesus says to the spirits, and the evil spirits SPEAK BACK to Jesus Christ…
    Mark 5:8-13
    8 For he said unto him, Come out of the man, thou unclean spirit.
    9 And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, **My name is Legion: for we are many.**
    10 And he besought him much that he would not send them away out of the country.
    11 Now there was there nigh unto the mountains a great herd of swine feeding.
    12 And all the devils besought him, saying, Send us into the swine, that we may enter into them.
    13 And forthwith Jesus gave them leave. And the unclean spirits went out, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the sea, (they were about two thousand;) and were choked in the sea.
    SO….As you can see here, the spirit calls himself “LEGION, for WE ARE MANY…” as you can see here, they not only really exist, they constantly seek out to inhabit a human body, and as you see here, Jesus takes them out of the human and puts them into a group of pigs, and the spirits force the pigs RIGHT OFF OF A CLIFF to their death…And then I am certain the spirits moved on away as far as they could get from Jesus…Now my point for showing you this is only to say, this is their intention, this is what they are capable of…Am I saying this is what you are CERTAINLY dealing with, no…But, it is not like we can discern what these things are, other than to say, they are CERTAINLY not of a GOOD nature, if you follow me…So…That said ma’am…I would, if I were you, certainly get right with God, and would not hesitate one second, as He is YOUR ONLY defense in this spiritual realm…But, again, as I said before, would NEVER EVER force anything, ESPECIALLY Jesus on anyone, if you are even too come to God, it must be of your own volition…Not mine…I like to think of the OLD adage, you can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make the horse drink…You know what I mean ma’am..? Anyways…this is just my two cents ma’am…If you have anything else please feel free to let me know…And about feeling safer here in this space of anonymity, I TOTALLY get you, I cannot share with ANYONE I know the things I have seen over the last year, NO WAY, they would have me locked into a nice white padded room, : ) So yeah…I feel you there…Anyways, I will include you in my prayers today ma’am…Need anything else just let me know…Always happy to try to help in any way I might…

• #58401 Reply

Devils Tower
    Participant

Hey B.B. —
    I am going to ask you ma’am too look a few things up and read or watch YT videos regarding a few things that might really help lead you in the right direction…
    These things I am going to ask you too research will lead you too understand that Satan is a VERY real created being, and is the god of this world…Little “G” of course…Now before I get started let me first state what I get many emails and comments about regarding God…First, why did a loving God create Satan..? Satan started off as the MOST POWERFUL created angel (Cherubim is the technical name) and when he began to understand that he would eventually be subject to all humanity, he became very angry…He has a beautiful and perfect voice for singing, he is one of, if not the most beautiful creature God ever created…So when he was created his name was Lucifer, and as you see, he was perfect in every single way, and he was to be in charge of ALL the angels…He was the HEAD ANGEL IN CHARGE…So when he found out, that a being created literally from dirt, ie: mankind, he became furious…I am perfect, but I am going to be subject to these dirt created tiny uneducated humans??? Then Lucifer decided he was going to take over Heaven….He was going to take over and “BECOME” like the Most High…So, God kicked Lucifer out of heaven, Nothing is more powerful than the one that created EVERYTHING, including Lucifer…So Lucifer became Satan, was cast out and down to the earth…In doing this Lucifer had convinced 1/3 of the angels to follow him…These are the “FALLEN ANGELS”…Today these are the MOST POWERFUL DEMONS…Ever since that day they have been trying to deceive all humanity, they hate us, and they want to prove to God, we are a mistake…So…Why does God allow him to exist??? Because, you can think of Earth as a sorting ground…God does not want to FORCE us to LOVE Him, He gave us FREE CHOICE to either choose HIM or choose Satan…This is why their is so much EVIL in the world we live in, because Satan is the god of this world…And we have too CONSCIOUSLY make the decision to Accept Jesus Christ and His payment for all our sins…This is of course a very lazy, short description, but I am trying to keep you with me here, so I am summarizing best I can here…Bare with me…So…without further ado…Please look up these things…This will lead you too understand, MANY MANY MANY people that we call the ELITE, the PUPPET MASTERS if you will, follow Satan, and worship him…Not God…They were all deceived, and their love for money and power lead them to this folly mistake…So…Look up these things…
    Aleister Crowley
    Alice Bailey
    Illuminati
    Free Masons
    The books Aleister Crowley and Alice Bailey wrote
    Satan Worship
    When you take a look at these things, it should allow you too see, Satan is real, therefore understanding the opposite MUST BE ALSO TRUE…If Satan is REAL, so must God and Jesus Christ (His actual name is Yeshua Hamashiach) be real…Anyways, hope this is helpful and a blessing ma’am…Let me know what you find and how you feel about all this or if you have any questions…I am here to help in any way I can ma’am…

• #67317 Reply

1TrekMind

Close, Devil’s Tower. However, the “C” in ABC is not “Call upon him” – it is “Confess.” In fact, if you do not confess Christ on earth, He will not confess you in heaven:

32 Therefore everyone who confesses Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father in heaven. 33 But whoever denies Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father in heaven. (Matthew 10:32-33)

Also:

9 that if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with your heart you believe and are justified, and with your mouth you confess and are saved. (Romans 10:9-10)

A light is not hid under a barrel, and Jesus is not a secret to be kept.

• #72609 Reply

Devils Tower
      Participant

Thank you Trek…I am still all very new at all this…Just doing my best at ministering to others as Peter says we are too, I thank you so much for the correction…God Bless…

• #72963 Reply

Catrina

What you have experienced is real, however they are DEMONS. As others have mentioned on this site, calling upon the name of Jesus stops the activity and sends them packing as they cannot stand the name of Jesus. Although, you actually need to believe in Jesus, otherwise you have no authority. I have had many demonic experiences in my life, so there’s nothing that would surprise or shock me. Here’s a list of common things that demons are responsible for:
    Ticking noises
    Lights going on or off, even without bulbs that work
    Bed shakes
    Awful smells, such as cigar, electrical burning, vomit, sulphur/rotten eggs, and old smelly socks.
    Feels like something is pressing down on your duvet cover
    Feels like someone’s foot/feet is pressing into the back of your seat while driving
    Footsteps along the hallway
    Cupboard doors sound like they are opening and banging shut (or windows)
    Banging noises from inside the wardrobe/ceiling/room etc.
    Stereo suddenly turns on and plays music by itself
    Your cell phone rings or you hear a text sound but nothing is showing on your phone
    Sounds like many small animals are scurrying around your house
    Sounds like an airplane has just crashed onto your roof
    Electrical disturbances and electrical blowouts
    Feels like something is moving through your hair/head
    Kids toys make sounds or the eyes move like they are watching you
    Feels like something is sitting on your shoulder
    Hearing a voice call your first name but no one is their
    Seeing an apparition/familiar spirit
    Thinking you have seen someone flash past out of the corner of your eye
    Feels like someone is pinning you down on the bed
    Paralysis — cannot move or speak for up to 10 seconds, then can barely whisper when you can finally speak. You can often experience paralysis upon waking from a nightmare.
    Objects are misplaced… e.g., you go to get car keys and they’re not there — but then you go back and look and they are there again. They like to annoy you by moving things.

I could list many more but these are the common things that happen. I have experienced all of these and much more.

When you become a Christian, you have the God-given authority to use the name of Jesus to stop the demonic activity. You can also test the spirits when you see them by asking them whether they believe in Jesus. They will either scream and go berserk or quickly disappear. They will NEVER acknowledge who He is, as they are enslaved to Satan.

Be courageous, confront them and use your authority as a child of God to stop them before they fulfill their evil agenda in your life. They affect you because they have ‘legal access’ to be in your life — especially because of sin. What I am sharing is the absolute truth. These things do not happen to me anymore, as I use my God-given authority 24/7 and therefore they leave me alone. Don’t underestimate demons though, they are dangerous — and as they serve Satan, their only mission is to harm you and cause fear. They can also make you very sick and can kill people or cause the person to kill themselves. Demons are intelligent, they have names, personalities, and have clever tactics for ensnaring and harming people. The good news, is that JESUS is far more powerful than they are 🙂

Reply To: Very creepy scratching sounds across my carpet
Your information:

Cancel

STAY CONNECTED

56,142FansLike
4,256FollowersFollow
6,262FollowersFollow