Saturday, March 25, 2017

What was that loud explosion noise over London at 10:15 pm on May 5 2016?

Home Forums Mystery Booms and Loud Rumblings What was that loud explosion noise over London at 10:15 pm on May 5 2016?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Strange Sounds 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Andrew

I heard a loud detonation/explosion coming from the sky over London at around 10:15 local time. Does anybody know what it was?

#31044 Reply

Lou

I heard it in north London and people are reporting to have heard it in east and south. There are comments about fireworks but they apparently finished at 10. Strange and it didn’t exactly sound like fireworks anyway.

#31045 Reply

East London

Heard from East London Poplar but multiple times during 10:15pm-10:20pm. They was constant and could be felt (if that makes sense). I stay up quite late mosts nights and these could be heard a couple of nights ago aswell. My guess is thunder (but no lightning?) or none that I could see at least. Very strange.

#31046 Reply

Kia

Yes, I heard this last night, I thought someone was putting on a firework show. Unusual for this time of year but hey some people have money to burn right? It was terribly loud but no, there were no fireworks and anyway show me a firework show that can be heard both in North London and South. New Years fireworks are the standard to compare it to. Nope. This was something else. Whatever it was, it was immense and powerful.

#31047 Reply

Stroudley Walker

It is weird because it was election day yesterday, normally we should get news feed but no one has reported anything yet. Perhaps the government is testing there new weapons? I was outside & was fearing for my life as I thought it was a terrorist attack.

#31048 Reply

Giles Gaffney

Has there been any news reports yet? What other sources are there for comments about this? (this is the only page I could find)

#31049 Reply

Norbert von Rumpipump

It was fireworks for the big cruise ship down in greenwich

#31064 Reply

Marie

I heard it too from north london last night. I live on a top floor with good view. It was not fireworks but still couldn’t figure put what else it was. Weird

#31073 Reply

Mike

Heard it from London Bridge area. Gogs went crazy. I thought it was gunshots. Scary… Heard mine at about 10:13 as i looked at the clock when it happened.

#31076 Reply

Denise

I heard it in southeast London and it scared me. What was it?

#31078 Reply

Strange Sounds
    Keymaster
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: What was that loud explosion noise over London at 10:15 pm on May 5 2016?
Your information: