Reply To: Have you heard the Hum? BC man investigates strange sound heard around the world

Home Forums Strange Sounds from the Sky Have you heard the Hum? BC man investigates strange sound heard around the world Reply To: Have you heard the Hum? BC man investigates strange sound heard around the world

Anonymous
Inactive

Just found this forum after researching whether I’m going crazy! I am in NJ and started hearing a hum in middle of night (not every night) last year. Just moved to new house in same area 3 months ago and was hoping not to hear the hum anymore. Unfortunately, heard it again for first time this week, ugh.. I’m going to move the alarm clocks away from bed area temporarily, in case it’s something stupid like that. I don’t hear it every night though, so doesn’t make sense, unless my hearing spikes once in a while….Hard to explain the sound. Doesn’t sound like a idling diesel like others have reported.. A continous whiny wave-like sound. We do live near a train line and do hear the diesel engines occasionally in the distance, but that noise eventually subsides, unlike this one that keeps going…. My other half of course doesn’t hear it, but he can sleep through crying, coughing kids. I’m in my 50s now and I read that more people over 50 seem to hear the “hum”, so maybe that’s why I’m starting to hear it?? I have to take a xanax when I hear it or can’t get back to sleep, it’s a very irritating little noise..