A new tropical Atlantic subsurface temperature reconstruction indicates it was 7°C warmer than today ~15,000-11,500 years ago

Home Forums Natural Disasters and End Times Headlines A new tropical Atlantic subsurface temperature reconstruction indicates it was 7°C warmer than today ~15,000-11,500 years ago

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Damian 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Strange Sounds
    Keymaster

I am now confused… Earth is warming or cooling? According to a new study, the tropical Atlantic subsurface temperature was 7°C warmer than today dur
    [See the full post at: A new tropical Atlantic subsurface temperature reconstruction indicates it was 7°C warmer than today ~15,000-11,500 years ago]

• #173197 Reply

Meagan

I guess it’s because, there is an overall “warming” of the Earth but different areas can still be trending either above or below normal, or previous record temperatures. I’m not sure where you sit with your knowledge of “global warming”, but it’s easily misinterpreted as a general, “even” warming trend, when that is not how it looks on the ground at all. Higher “global” atmospheric temperature (average over long periods of time) makes for localized climate changes (hot or cold) and more frequent, wacky extreme weather on the ground. I’m not a scientist though, that’s just as I understand it as a layperson.

• #173210 Reply

Damian
Reply To: A new tropical Atlantic subsurface temperature reconstruction indicates it was 7°C warmer than today ~15,000-11,500 years ago
Your information: