Loud booms and shaking in Monmouth County, New Jersey. NWS Earle again?

Home Forums Mystery Booms and Loud Rumblings Loud booms and shaking in Monmouth County, New Jersey. NWS Earle again?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Joyce

I just want to make sure this is it! I’m hearing loud booms and my house is shaking. I am just around NWS Earle. So are they training with explosives again?

• #29874 Reply
      Joyce

Well it seems that this is the answer to my question:

All this week they are training with target explosives. So it will be loud!

This coming Monday through Friday, April 4 to 8, NWS Earle is hosting another explosives training class. I know that this is an incredibly important class (I’ve taken it twice), but it includes a series of booms and thuds from the bomb range each day right after lunch for about 60 to 90 minutes. This timing is weather-permitting, and if the afternoon looks like rain or electrical storms, they may have to set off the explosive series in the morning. Overcast weather makes the sound travel further and higher humidity and/or wet soil makes the ground pressure to travel further, too.

It will be very loud!

• #29875 Reply
      Joyce

REMINDER: This coming Monday through Friday, April 4 to 8, NWS Earle is hosting another explosives training class. I…

Posted by Tinton Falls Office of Emergency Management on Friday, April 1, 2016

Viewing 2 reply threads
Reply To: Loud booms and shaking in Monmouth County, New Jersey. NWS Earle again?
Your information: