A referee miraculously survived being electrocuted when lightning struck a tree during a football match.
Horrendous footage has been shared online of the moment a tree was struck by lightning during a football match, leading to a referee being rushed to hospital.
The shocking video shows a lightning bolt coming down and striking the tree near the ref of a match in Bago City, Philippines. In the video, shrieks can be heard as people watched on in horror while the referee was electrocuted before the video abruptly ends.
Prepare now! Protect your home and cars againts EMP, solar flare and lightnings…
The ref is believed to have received medical treatment and is currently in a stable condition, with him expected to make a full recovery.
The referee, Charlie Panes, 24, told local news reporters: “My body felt very hot, and suddenly, I lost consciousness,” he said. “I’m relieved I am alive, as the lightning could have killed me or anyone else. As soon as I recover, I will continue my refereeing duty and finish this game.” [Daily Star]
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings
He survived. That’s lucky.
Praise The Lord. The odds of being struck by lightning are more likely than winning the lottery.
However, if anybody should buy a lottery ticket, this guy should.