A six-storey building has collapsed following heavy floods in the Kenyan capital, Nairobi on April 29, 2016.
According to local news networks, 130 people have been rescued from the rubble so far; at least 10 confirmed dead. But according to the Kenya Red Cross, 69 people reported still missing from building collapse in Nairobi.
At least ten bodies have now been recovered from the rubble of a collapsed building in Kenya’s capital, Nairobi.
President Uhuru Kenyatta ordered the arrest of the owners of the six-storey residential block.
Rescuers have pulled more than 130 survivors from the building.
But the search is becoming increasingly desperate as the hours go by.
One man with no news of his sister and her family says he was called by them just before the tragedy.
They told him that the house was shaking and on arriving here, he found that the house had already collapsed down.
Days of heavy rain are thought to be behind the disaster.
Heavy rain has led to building collapses in the past in poor neighbourhoods of the Kenyan capital.
With families distraught and many now homeless, emergency workers are doing what they can.
Kenya’s Red Cross has issued a telephone hotline to report any missing people.