Doctors of the medical college of Calcutta, India extracted from the body of a patient 639 nails about five centimeters long, weighing a total of 1.3kg.
The man, who was taken to the hospital with complaints of vomiting and stomach pain, suffers from schizophrenia and regularly swallows inedible objects.
After the endoscopy it was found that the intestine of the patient was filled with nails. During the two-hour surgery, the doctors cut a 10-centimeter section in the abdomen and, with the help of a magnet, extracted the metallic nails.
The ‘Nail Eater’ is now in rehabilitation. Hopefully he didn’t drill to many holes.