Brazil Is Digging Thousands Upon Thousands of Mass Graves in Sao Paulo as the Country Is Overwhelmed by the Pandemic

1
1464

Now it is Latin America’s turn to face the pain of the COVID-19 storm that has spread west across the globe.

In Brazil, the health service is ill-prepared. In truth it is already overwhelmed. Since they can’t fight this virus, they are digging instead thousands upon thousands of graves in the city of Sao Paulo.

Brazil mass graves, Brazil digs mass graves, Brazil digs mass graves sao paolo
Thousands of mass graves are being dug in Sao Paolo, Brazil. Picture via video

The pictures filmed for Sky News by cameraman Eduardo Duwe at the Vila Formosa cemetery, the largest in Latin America, are simply staggering.

More than 13,000 graves are being dug. From the air, the enormity of this digging operation is astonishing. Grave after grave stretches as far as the eye can see.

This is a public cemetery, mainly used by the poorest families. In Sao Paulo, the poorest areas are being hit the worst.

Medical workers across Brazil haven’t given up hope, but there is no battle, no real war on the virus, and they are facing defeat.

The graves are perhaps a symbol of the failure to contain, and the failure to lock down.

In full hazmat gear, the grave diggers and burial teams struggle over the freshly dug earth, while grieving family members follow behind.

Vila Formosa cemetery mass graves in Sao Paolo, Vila Formosa cemetery mass graves in Sao Paolo brazil, Vila Formosa cemetery mass graves in Sao Paolo video
Vila Formosa cemetery mass graves in Sao Paolo, Brazil

Behind the gates of Vila Formosa

She told us what it was like when she entered the gates of Vila Formosa.

It was a tense and deeply sad atmosphere, but also there was this rush. Everything was at a very fast pace, something you don’t expect to see at a funeral site,” she said.

Arrival, document checking and then if there was space they would grant the family some minutes to mourn, otherwise the coffin was just taken by a van immediately to the grave.

No time for a prayer or anything, no time for goodbyes, no chance to see your loved one for one last time.

Families were standing at the site surrounded by open graves. It was devastating. When it was done, another family would then take their position on the next grave and the process would start again,” Marcia explained.

And this is only the first infection cycle. Let’s wait for the second run… Catastrophic. More pandemic news on Strange Sounds and Steve Quayle. [news.sky, SCMP]

Follow us: Facebook and Twitter. By the way you can also support us on PaypalPlease and thank you!

1 COMMENT

  1. Once we go to Phase 2 of Corona 2.0 Global Pandemic since world did not unite and have global pandemic response we will see no election if any then Donal J Trump will call election a fraud and country will go to mass civil war indeed. We are already in mass civil war in North America and we all are not in same page indeed. Either disease and global pandemic like Corona 2.0 will bring all nations to its knees or we all nations kill all wars and division for benefit of all. Mankind never had been in a position of no point of return.
    Latest news from Middle East
    Germany designates Hezbollah as a terrorist organization

    The German Federal Ministry of Interior announced that it has designated Hezbollah of Lebanon as a terrorist organization and all activities of the paramilitary group are forbidden in this country.

    Before this, only the activities of the military arm of Hezbollah, which is considered a terrorist organization by the EU, was illegal in Germany. But now, even the activities of the political branch of Hezbollah, which specifically holds anti-Israel rallies, has become illegal.

    The spokesperson for the Ministry of Interior also tweeted on Thursday that since morning a number of police operations were performed in several areas that are believed to be connected with Hezbollah.

    According to the German media, these locations include three mosques in Berlin, one mosque in the north of the country, and one center for Lebanese refugees in Dortmund.

    Security officials in Germany say that at least 1050 people in the country have ties to Hezbollah.

    The Foreign Minister of Germany Heiko Mass stated: “Hezbollah denies Israel’s right to exist, threatens it with violence and terror and has increased its rocket arsenal.”

    In response to Germany’s decision, the Foreign Minister of Israel thanked the German government and hoped that other European countries would make similar decisions.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.