This is amazing! Due to increasing gold import taxes, this Indian businessman swallowed 12 gold bars, worth £1,100 each, which had to be removed urgently from his stomach after he complained of vomiting!
Actually, this man in his sixties told the doctors he had swallowed a water bottle cap. But this turned out to be a costly lie. As surgeons opened his stomach, they found twelve gold bars each weighing 33g. And of course, the gold, having an estimated value of $23,300 (£13,900), has been confiscated by the customs.
According to The Indian Express:
If it would have stayed inside for couple of more days, it would have led to severe bleeding and rupture of the intestine and septicemia.
Pretty bad deal, isn’t it?