Woman Suffers Second-Degree Burns To Her Neck After Phone Charger Zaps Her Chain Necklace

0

This Michigan woman was wearing a long chain necklace and suddenly felt a sudden burning sensation and severe pain around her neck.

Now she suffers second-degree burns to her neck after her charger conducted an electrical current through her chain necklace.

phone charger burn, phone charger burn michigan, phone charger burn necklace
A 19-year-old woman suffered severe neck burns after her necklace came in contact with her generic cell phone charger. Picture: Annals of Emergency Medicine

The report states the 19-year-old woman was taken to the C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital in Ann Arbor, Michigan, with a severe burn around her neck and explains: “She was lying in bed wearing a chain necklace, with the charger underneath her pillow and plugged into an electrical outlet, when she felt a sudden burning sensation and severe pain around her neck. […] “She likely sustained an electrical injury from the charger as it came in contact with her necklace, causing a burn.

Teens and adolescents are particularly at risk of injury due to their frequent mobile device use. They should be advised to not sleep with their phones or mobile devices charging in bed and avoid leaving the charger plugged in when it is not connected to a phone.

It is also important to know the difference in safety and quality of generic versus Apple-branded chargers, with findings indicating the majority of off-brand chargers failed basic safety testing. 

Some sellers even report customers reporting burns to clothing or skin using uncertified chargers.

Meanwhile, doctors are sounding a warning over cellphone chargers. Best is to educate ourselves about the safe use of charging devices.

Follow us on FACEBOOK and TWITTER. Share your thoughts in our DISCUSSION FORUMS. Please and thank you

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.