This aerial footage gives an overview about the catastrophic floods that occurred in the state of Colorado on Thursday 12 2013.
Here a few facts:
- 4,500-square-mile area under water in the state of Colorado
- Thousands of residents have been evacuated
- People being taken to safety in inflatable rafts, as entire houses were submerged by rising floodwater
- Cattle could be seen gathering on higher ground and some evacuees on horseback had to be escorted to safety through the deep water.
- President Barack Obama signed an emergency declaration on Thursday night, freeing federal aid and allowing the Federal Emergency Management Agency to coordinate disaster relief efforts.
- Four people have died as a result of the floods and local media reports say 172 people remain unaccounted for.